Q: To be an artist one has to find beauty in ordinary things. Find 10 things of great beauty in the landscape that surrounds you.
1. A room outlined with bookcases stacked, overflowing.
2. Dust motes orbiting in a ray of sunshine
3. the lingering fragrance of a sandlewood shower
4. the family framed, clustered on a table
5. his shoes in a line by the bed
6. a milky kaleidoscope in green jasmine tea
7. a sump pump digesting rain
8. the slow pulse of an antique clock
9. sun baked skin, toasted brown
10. Summer’s back-door creak and double-bounce slam
11. shadows touching a floral tablecloth